The Turbo Chef Oven can turn out a three-course meal in 10 minutes, putting gourmet recipes within the reach of someone “who finds instant oatmeal tricky.” A rack of lamb cooks in five minutes, and a soufflé in two. Using “high-speed hot air and occasional microwaves,” the oven comes with 500 preprogrammed settings to make converting recipes easier.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- The Pentagon's troubled, expensive new fighter jet
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
Subscribe to the Week