The Turbo Chef Oven can turn out a three-course meal in 10 minutes, putting gourmet recipes within the reach of someone “who finds instant oatmeal tricky.” A rack of lamb cooks in five minutes, and a soufflé in two. Using “high-speed hot air and occasional microwaves,” the oven comes with 500 preprogrammed settings to make converting recipes easier.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week