The Turbo Chef Oven can turn out a three-course meal in 10 minutes, putting gourmet recipes within the reach of someone “who finds instant oatmeal tricky.” A rack of lamb cooks in five minutes, and a soufflé in two. Using “high-speed hot air and occasional microwaves,” the oven comes with 500 preprogrammed settings to make converting recipes easier.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week