From the magazine: Gossip
Tommy Lee and Kid Rock, both ex-husbands of Pamela Anderson, got into a fistfight at the MTV Video Music Awards this week. Witnesses said Lee mouthed off to Rock as Rock walked past his table, prompting Rock to slap Lee with the back of his hand. When Lee started to swing, Rock punched him again. “I was about to put Kid in the emergency room when security grabbed me,” said Lee, who was thrown out of the room. Rock was allowed to stay, but was cited for misdemeanor assault. After the fight, presenter Jamie Foxx pleaded, “Stop all this white-on-white violence.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week