From the magazine: Gossip
Tommy Lee and Kid Rock, both ex-husbands of Pamela Anderson, got into a fistfight at the MTV Video Music Awards this week. Witnesses said Lee mouthed off to Rock as Rock walked past his table, prompting Rock to slap Lee with the back of his hand. When Lee started to swing, Rock punched him again. “I was about to put Kid in the emergency room when security grabbed me,” said Lee, who was thrown out of the room. Rock was allowed to stay, but was cited for misdemeanor assault. After the fight, presenter Jamie Foxx pleaded, “Stop all this white-on-white violence.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week