It must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
Two British sisters have kept their dead mother’s body in a refrigerator for 10 years so they can sit with her every weekend, says the London Sun. Josephine and Valmai Lamas, 52 and 59, could not bear burying their mum, so they pay a weekly fee to a local undertaker to keep her refrigerated. On Saturdays, they sit silently with the corpse. Their family says that despite the refrigeration, the body is deteriorating, and that it’s “high time” to accept that she’s dead. After 10 years, a family member said, “it’s getting ridiculous.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- Don't hate the 'poor door'
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week