It must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
Two British sisters have kept their dead mother’s body in a refrigerator for 10 years so they can sit with her every weekend, says the London Sun. Josephine and Valmai Lamas, 52 and 59, could not bear burying their mum, so they pay a weekly fee to a local undertaker to keep her refrigerated. On Saturdays, they sit silently with the corpse. Their family says that despite the refrigeration, the body is deteriorating, and that it’s “high time” to accept that she’s dead. After 10 years, a family member said, “it’s getting ridiculous.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Cuba should beware of Westerners bearing gifts
Subscribe to the Week