t must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
Two British sisters have kept their dead mother’s body in a refrigerator for 10 years so they can sit with her every weekend, says the London Sun. Josephine and Valmai Lamas, 52 and 59, could not bear burying their mum, so they pay a weekly fee to a local undertaker to keep her refrigerated. On Saturdays, they sit silently with the corpse. Their family says that despite the refrigeration, the body is deteriorating, and that it’s “high time” to accept that she’s dead. After 10 years, a family member said, “it’s getting ridiculous.”
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The secrets of happy families
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
Subscribe to the Week