t must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
Two British sisters have kept their dead mother’s body in a refrigerator for 10 years so they can sit with her every weekend, says the London Sun. Josephine and Valmai Lamas, 52 and 59, could not bear burying their mum, so they pay a weekly fee to a local undertaker to keep her refrigerated. On Saturdays, they sit silently with the corpse. Their family says that despite the refrigeration, the body is deteriorating, and that it’s “high time” to accept that she’s dead. After 10 years, a family member said, “it’s getting ridiculous.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week