It must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
Two British sisters have kept their dead mother’s body in a refrigerator for 10 years so they can sit with her every weekend, says the London Sun. Josephine and Valmai Lamas, 52 and 59, could not bear burying their mum, so they pay a weekly fee to a local undertaker to keep her refrigerated. On Saturdays, they sit silently with the corpse. Their family says that despite the refrigeration, the body is deteriorating, and that it’s “high time” to accept that she’s dead. After 10 years, a family member said, “it’s getting ridiculous.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
Subscribe to the Week