espite soaring grocery prices, Congress is handing big farmers and food corporations a farm bill upholding “subsidies that wreak havoc on our land and diets.”
Christopher D. Cook/The Christian Science Monitor
Since signing up as a supporter for Obama AND Clinton, the campaigns have sent me more daily e-mails “than I get from my daughter at college” in a month -- “far more, actually.”Peter Funt/The Boston Globe
All this talk of 'them' and 'they' and 'red' and 'blue' deprives us of what we really need -- a shared national purpose that “surmounts” our differences.
Leonard Pitts Jr./The Miami Herald
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
Subscribe to the Week