espite soaring grocery prices, Congress is handing big farmers and food corporations a farm bill upholding “subsidies that wreak havoc on our land and diets.”
Christopher D. Cook/The Christian Science Monitor
Since signing up as a supporter for Obama AND Clinton, the campaigns have sent me more daily e-mails “than I get from my daughter at college” in a month -- “far more, actually.”Peter Funt/The Boston Globe
All this talk of 'them' and 'they' and 'red' and 'blue' deprives us of what we really need -- a shared national purpose that “surmounts” our differences.
Leonard Pitts Jr./The Miami Herald
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
Subscribe to the Week