espite soaring grocery prices, Congress is handing big farmers and food corporations a farm bill upholding “subsidies that wreak havoc on our land and diets.”
Christopher D. Cook/The Christian Science Monitor
Since signing up as a supporter for Obama AND Clinton, the campaigns have sent me more daily e-mails “than I get from my daughter at college” in a month -- “far more, actually.”Peter Funt/The Boston Globe
All this talk of 'them' and 'they' and 'red' and 'blue' deprives us of what we really need -- a shared national purpose that “surmounts” our differences.
Leonard Pitts Jr./The Miami Herald
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week