The Bottom Line
The New York Times is dropping its TimesSelect paid subscription offering.
The New York Times is dropping its TimesSelect paid subscription offering, effective tomorrow. When the two-year-old service ends, all New York Times content back to 1987 will be free for registered readers. TimesSelect had 227,000 paid subscribers and brought in $10 million a year in revenue. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
Subscribe to the Week