The Bottom Line
The New York Times is dropping its TimesSelect paid subscription offering.
The New York Times is dropping its TimesSelect paid subscription offering, effective tomorrow. When the two-year-old service ends, all New York Times content back to 1987 will be free for registered readers. TimesSelect had 227,000 paid subscribers and brought in $10 million a year in revenue. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week