The Bottom Line
The New York Times is dropping its TimesSelect paid subscription offering.
The New York Times is dropping its TimesSelect paid subscription offering, effective tomorrow. When the two-year-old service ends, all New York Times content back to 1987 will be free for registered readers. TimesSelect had 227,000 paid subscribers and brought in $10 million a year in revenue. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week