The Bottom Line
The New York Times is dropping its TimesSelect paid subscription offering.
The New York Times is dropping its TimesSelect paid subscription offering, effective tomorrow. When the two-year-old service ends, all New York Times content back to 1987 will be free for registered readers. TimesSelect had 227,000 paid subscribers and brought in $10 million a year in revenue. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week