The Bottom Line
The New York Times is dropping its TimesSelect paid subscription offering.
The New York Times is dropping its TimesSelect paid subscription offering, effective tomorrow. When the two-year-old service ends, all New York Times content back to 1987 will be free for registered readers. TimesSelect had 227,000 paid subscribers and brought in $10 million a year in revenue. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week