Monday has to qualify as “one of the worst days Britney Spears has had in a long time,” said PerezHilton.com, “and she’s had some pretty bad ones recently.” In the span of a few hours, her lawyer and “then her manager dropped her.” And then things really started going wrong.
“Sources tell me that Spears is just a breath away” from losing custody of her kids, said Roger Friedman on FoxNews.com. Barretto’s horror story could be all the Los Angeles Family Court needed to hear to decide that Sean Preston, 2, and Jayden James, 1, should live with their father, Kevin Federline. And “it’s not like he’s Father of the Year.”
Before quitting, Spears’ attorney, Laura Wasser, denied that the singer used drugs, People magazine reported. Wasser said that Barretto was merely bitter because Spears fired him in May. Wasser said that Spears and Federline—her former backup dancer—will continue to split custody for now. According to court documents, Spears has income of $737,868 a month, while Federline has no "net income after business expenses." His spousal support of $20,000 a month dries up in November.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
Subscribe to the Week