No splinter-laden logs are needed for this "21st-century campfire." The Tabletop Fireplace from German designer Gido Wahrmann consists of two intersecting stainless-steel logs and an oil-powered flame sculpture. Apartment-dwellers and anyone else who lacks the luxury of a hearth can "heat up sophisticated gatherings" or just "bust out the marshmallows" for a cozy winter evening. Price: $389. Contact: Gnr8.biz. Source: Details
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week