No splinter-laden logs are needed for this "21st-century campfire." The Tabletop Fireplace from German designer Gido Wahrmann consists of two intersecting stainless-steel logs and an oil-powered flame sculpture. Apartment-dwellers and anyone else who lacks the luxury of a hearth can "heat up sophisticated gatherings" or just "bust out the marshmallows" for a cozy winter evening. Price: $389. Contact: Gnr8.biz. Source: Details
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week