No splinter-laden logs are needed for this "21st-century campfire." The Tabletop Fireplace from German designer Gido Wahrmann consists of two intersecting stainless-steel logs and an oil-powered flame sculpture. Apartment-dwellers and anyone else who lacks the luxury of a hearth can "heat up sophisticated gatherings" or just "bust out the marshmallows" for a cozy winter evening. Price: $389. Contact: Gnr8.biz. Source: Details
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week