No splinter-laden logs are needed for this "21st-century campfire." The Tabletop Fireplace from German designer Gido Wahrmann consists of two intersecting stainless-steel logs and an oil-powered flame sculpture. Apartment-dwellers and anyone else who lacks the luxury of a hearth can "heat up sophisticated gatherings" or just "bust out the marshmallows" for a cozy winter evening. Price: $389. Contact: Gnr8.biz. Source: Details
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week