No splinter-laden logs are needed for this "21st-century campfire." The Tabletop Fireplace from German designer Gido Wahrmann consists of two intersecting stainless-steel logs and an oil-powered flame sculpture. Apartment-dwellers and anyone else who lacks the luxury of a hearth can "heat up sophisticated gatherings" or just "bust out the marshmallows" for a cozy winter evening. Price: $389. Contact: Gnr8.biz. Source: Details
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week