hen Indiana senator Evan Bayh took his farewell media tour to ABC's "The View," both the show's left- and right-leaning hosts took the Democrat to task for his decision not to seek re-election. Sen. Bayh, expanding on his high-profile Saturday Op-Ed in The New York Times, cited his inability to get anything done in a Congress bogged down in meaningless partisan sniping. In the clip's most notable exchange, Bayh makes a joke at Sarah Palin's expense, prompting Conservative host Elizabeth Hasselbeck to accuse him of indulging in the same sort of partisan sniping he'd just denounced. Did Bayh succeed in explaining how to cure Washington of partisanship, or did he just get himself into hot water? Watch for youself:
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
8 Facebook misfires that ruined lives
Subscribe to the Week