hen Indiana senator Evan Bayh took his farewell media tour to ABC's "The View," both the show's left- and right-leaning hosts took the Democrat to task for his decision not to seek re-election. Sen. Bayh, expanding on his high-profile Saturday Op-Ed in The New York Times, cited his inability to get anything done in a Congress bogged down in meaningless partisan sniping. In the clip's most notable exchange, Bayh makes a joke at Sarah Palin's expense, prompting Conservative host Elizabeth Hasselbeck to accuse him of indulging in the same sort of partisan sniping he'd just denounced. Did Bayh succeed in explaining how to cure Washington of partisanship, or did he just get himself into hot water? Watch for youself:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week