eaWorld Orlando resumed its popular killer whale shows over the weekend, kicking off with an emotional tribute to Dawn Brancheau, the trainer who was pulled into the water and drowned by a whale named Tilikum last week as horrified spectators watched. As Sea World officials try to figure out what went wrong, several theories are being suggested: Animal rights activists say cooping up whales makes them "neurotic" and unpredictable, while a former SeaWorld trainer says Brancheau put her ponytail too close to Tilikum's mouth, and he grabbed it thinking it was a toy. Watch Brancheau and Tilikum moments before the attack in this video shot by a tourist. Were there warning signs?
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
Did God have a wife?
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
- Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- Are Democrats backing the GOP into another government shutdown?
Subscribe to the Week