iant George, a Great Dane that stands 3-feet 7-inches at the shoulder, has just earned the Guinness Book of World Records' official designation as the world's tallest dog. But the dethroned champ, a 3-foot 6-inch Great Dane named Titan, isn't taking it lying down. Titan's owner, Diana Taylor, says Guinness mis-measured George, and that her deaf, partly blind, and epileptic Great Dane is still the tallest. George's real measurements, Taylor alleges, "were conveniently removed from his website when it became obvious that this dog is..."4 inches shorter than Titan." Is Guinness in for a fight? Below see videos of both contenders for the coveted title of world's tallest dog:
Giant George video: The new champ:
Titan video: The former record-holder:
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- Is it possible to live forever?
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
Subscribe to the Week