iant George, a Great Dane that stands 3-feet 7-inches at the shoulder, has just earned the Guinness Book of World Records' official designation as the world's tallest dog. But the dethroned champ, a 3-foot 6-inch Great Dane named Titan, isn't taking it lying down. Titan's owner, Diana Taylor, says Guinness mis-measured George, and that her deaf, partly blind, and epileptic Great Dane is still the tallest. George's real measurements, Taylor alleges, "were conveniently removed from his website when it became obvious that this dog is..."4 inches shorter than Titan." Is Guinness in for a fight? Below see videos of both contenders for the coveted title of world's tallest dog:
Giant George video: The new champ:
Titan video: The former record-holder:
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The hotel of enlightenment
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
Subscribe to the Week