iant George, a Great Dane that stands 3-feet 7-inches at the shoulder, has just earned the Guinness Book of World Records' official designation as the world's tallest dog. But the dethroned champ, a 3-foot 6-inch Great Dane named Titan, isn't taking it lying down. Titan's owner, Diana Taylor, says Guinness mis-measured George, and that her deaf, partly blind, and epileptic Great Dane is still the tallest. George's real measurements, Taylor alleges, "were conveniently removed from his website when it became obvious that this dog is..."4 inches shorter than Titan." Is Guinness in for a fight? Below see videos of both contenders for the coveted title of world's tallest dog:
Giant George video: The new champ:
Titan video: The former record-holder:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week