s Sen. Jim Bunning a disgruntled fiscal responsibility warrior, or just plain "insane"? That's the question on people's minds after the Kentucky Republican unilaterally blocked a popular $10 billion unemployment benefits extension package and later raised his middle finger to reporters. While a few Republican senators seemingly supported Bunning's personal crusade against deficit spending, both the White House and conservative commentators have called his actions "irrational," and others have hinted that he's simply "lost his marbles." (Reportedly, Bill Clinton once said that the Bunning "sends shivers up [my] spine.) Watch Sen. Bunning, who's since removed his opposition, react to reporters questions below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we need a maximum wage
Subscribe to the Week