s Sen. Jim Bunning a disgruntled fiscal responsibility warrior, or just plain "insane"? That's the question on people's minds after the Kentucky Republican unilaterally blocked a popular $10 billion unemployment benefits extension package and later raised his middle finger to reporters. While a few Republican senators seemingly supported Bunning's personal crusade against deficit spending, both the White House and conservative commentators have called his actions "irrational," and others have hinted that he's simply "lost his marbles." (Reportedly, Bill Clinton once said that the Bunning "sends shivers up [my] spine.) Watch Sen. Bunning, who's since removed his opposition, react to reporters questions below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is American internet so slow?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week