A fight has broken out over the comedy routine Sarah Palin performed on "The Tonight Show" last week. According to Micheal Stinson, a Daily Kos blogger, Jay Leno's producers added a laugh track to make Palin's jokes appear a bigger hit than they actually were. Even if they did, say Conservative commentators, where's the scandal? Palin was appearing on a "hammy late-night comedy show that literally cues its audience" to clap using a big sign, says Allahpundit at Hot Air; besides, Stinson has a history of taking potshots at Palin — he even made a Palin parody coloring book. Watch Palin's routine and see what you think:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
Subscribe to the Week