A fight has broken out over the comedy routine Sarah Palin performed on "The Tonight Show" last week. According to Micheal Stinson, a Daily Kos blogger, Jay Leno's producers added a laugh track to make Palin's jokes appear a bigger hit than they actually were. Even if they did, say Conservative commentators, where's the scandal? Palin was appearing on a "hammy late-night comedy show that literally cues its audience" to clap using a big sign, says Allahpundit at Hot Air; besides, Stinson has a history of taking potshots at Palin — he even made a Palin parody coloring book. Watch Palin's routine and see what you think:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The Pentagon's troubled, expensive new fighter jet
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week