A fight has broken out over the comedy routine Sarah Palin performed on "The Tonight Show" last week. According to Micheal Stinson, a Daily Kos blogger, Jay Leno's producers added a laugh track to make Palin's jokes appear a bigger hit than they actually were. Even if they did, say Conservative commentators, where's the scandal? Palin was appearing on a "hammy late-night comedy show that literally cues its audience" to clap using a big sign, says Allahpundit at Hot Air; besides, Stinson has a history of taking potshots at Palin — he even made a Palin parody coloring book. Watch Palin's routine and see what you think:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
When Americans banned Christmas
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week