A fight has broken out over the comedy routine Sarah Palin performed on "The Tonight Show" last week. According to Micheal Stinson, a Daily Kos blogger, Jay Leno's producers added a laugh track to make Palin's jokes appear a bigger hit than they actually were. Even if they did, say Conservative commentators, where's the scandal? Palin was appearing on a "hammy late-night comedy show that literally cues its audience" to clap using a big sign, says Allahpundit at Hot Air; besides, Stinson has a history of taking potshots at Palin — he even made a Palin parody coloring book. Watch Palin's routine and see what you think:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
Subscribe to the Week