A fight has broken out over the comedy routine Sarah Palin performed on "The Tonight Show" last week. According to Micheal Stinson, a Daily Kos blogger, Jay Leno's producers added a laugh track to make Palin's jokes appear a bigger hit than they actually were. Even if they did, say Conservative commentators, where's the scandal? Palin was appearing on a "hammy late-night comedy show that literally cues its audience" to clap using a big sign, says Allahpundit at Hot Air; besides, Stinson has a history of taking potshots at Palin — he even made a Palin parody coloring book. Watch Palin's routine and see what you think:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Why we gossip, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week