ard-partying tabloid fixture Lindsay Lohan has filed a $100 million lawsuit against online broker E-Trade over a company advertisement depicting a "boyfriend-stealing, 'milkaholic' baby" named Lindsay. The spot, which features three talking babies, debuted last month during the Super Bowl. "This is a subliminal message," her lawyer told the NY Post. "Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan." E-Trade says the "Lindsay" character was based on a member of their ad team. Lohan has clearly dived "off the deep end of paranoid narcissism," says Maureen O'Connor at Gawker. "We're just not sure about this one," says Erin Geiger Smith at TBI.com. Here's the offending commercial in full:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week