Hard-partying tabloid fixture Lindsay Lohan has filed a $100 million lawsuit against online broker E-Trade over a company advertisement depicting a "boyfriend-stealing, 'milkaholic' baby" named Lindsay. The spot, which features three talking babies, debuted last month during the Super Bowl. "This is a subliminal message," her lawyer told the NY Post. "Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan." E-Trade says the "Lindsay" character was based on a member of their ad team. Lohan has clearly dived "off the deep end of paranoid narcissism," says Maureen O'Connor at Gawker. "We're just not sure about this one," says Erin Geiger Smith at TBI.com. Here's the offending commercial in full:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week