Hard-partying tabloid fixture Lindsay Lohan has filed a $100 million lawsuit against online broker E-Trade over a company advertisement depicting a "boyfriend-stealing, 'milkaholic' baby" named Lindsay. The spot, which features three talking babies, debuted last month during the Super Bowl. "This is a subliminal message," her lawyer told the NY Post. "Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan." E-Trade says the "Lindsay" character was based on a member of their ad team. Lohan has clearly dived "off the deep end of paranoid narcissism," says Maureen O'Connor at Gawker. "We're just not sure about this one," says Erin Geiger Smith at TBI.com. Here's the offending commercial in full:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week