Hard-partying tabloid fixture Lindsay Lohan has filed a $100 million lawsuit against online broker E-Trade over a company advertisement depicting a "boyfriend-stealing, 'milkaholic' baby" named Lindsay. The spot, which features three talking babies, debuted last month during the Super Bowl. "This is a subliminal message," her lawyer told the NY Post. "Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan." E-Trade says the "Lindsay" character was based on a member of their ad team. Lohan has clearly dived "off the deep end of paranoid narcissism," says Maureen O'Connor at Gawker. "We're just not sure about this one," says Erin Geiger Smith at TBI.com. Here's the offending commercial in full:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week