ard-partying tabloid fixture Lindsay Lohan has filed a $100 million lawsuit against online broker E-Trade over a company advertisement depicting a "boyfriend-stealing, 'milkaholic' baby" named Lindsay. The spot, which features three talking babies, debuted last month during the Super Bowl. "This is a subliminal message," her lawyer told the NY Post. "Everybody's talking about it and saying it's Lindsay Lohan." E-Trade says the "Lindsay" character was based on a member of their ad team. Lohan has clearly dived "off the deep end of paranoid narcissism," says Maureen O'Connor at Gawker. "We're just not sure about this one," says Erin Geiger Smith at TBI.com. Here's the offending commercial in full:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Conspiracy theories spread in the wake of Malaysia Airlines flight disappearance
Subscribe to the Week