You know a senatorial race is getting dirty when a candidate brings up his rival's personal grooming. Gov. Charlie Crist — who's trailing Marc Rubio, his opponent in the GOP primary for Florida's U.S. Senate seat, by 32 points — is claiming that Rubio may have paid to have his back waxed with a Republican Party credit card. It should be noted that Rubio is a Tea Party favorite. What a "low blow," says Todd Wright at NBC Miami. Call out Rubio's policy by all means, but don't attack "another man's back hairs." Let's not overthink a merely "goofy" comment, says Jim Stratton in the Orlando Sentinel. Rubio is "thumping" Crist in the polls: why not let the governor enjoy his impending loss? Watch Greta Van Susteren question Crist on Fox News:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
Subscribe to the Week