You know a senatorial race is getting dirty when a candidate brings up his rival's personal grooming. Gov. Charlie Crist — who's trailing Marc Rubio, his opponent in the GOP primary for Florida's U.S. Senate seat, by 32 points — is claiming that Rubio may have paid to have his back waxed with a Republican Party credit card. It should be noted that Rubio is a Tea Party favorite. What a "low blow," says Todd Wright at NBC Miami. Call out Rubio's policy by all means, but don't attack "another man's back hairs." Let's not overthink a merely "goofy" comment, says Jim Stratton in the Orlando Sentinel. Rubio is "thumping" Crist in the polls: why not let the governor enjoy his impending loss? Watch Greta Van Susteren question Crist on Fox News:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
Subscribe to the Week