Results: We asked you for a handy insult to be hurled in the halls of Congress and you lobbied for:
THE WINNER: May your bleeding heart wait six months for public-option surgery.
Mary Hogan, New York City
SECOND PLACE: Are you really as stupid and incompetent as you appear, or is that a ploy to get re-elected?
Roberta Tierney, Angola, IN
THIRD PLACE: May your mouth speak the truth for the rest of your term!
Charlie Thanas, Leicester, MA
My prostitutes are classier than your prostitutes.
Bethany Wheeling, Finksburg, MD
Even Representative Massa wouldn’t tickle you.
Ashley Ryan, Catonsville, MD
May your mother-in-law be on your “death panel.”
Robert Mill, Highlands Ranch, CO
I hope you choke on your pork and die.
Adam Dansky, San Diego
Your mother has a pre-existing condition!
Maureen Denike, San Jose, CA
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, VA
May your children be legislators.
Michael Werdmann, Monroe, CT
May the laws you create also apply to you.
David M. McCoy, Middleton, WI
May your intern moon you during the State of the Union.
David Pepper, Malibu, CA
Is that an outline of your congressional district or did someone get sick on your state map?
David Levin, Edgewater MD
I hope your lobbyist gets a lobotomy.
Dena Cornett, Mill Valley, CA
Your Momma has ethics!
John Walsh, Conifer, CO
You bipartisan, people-first, selfless, do-gooding, scandal-free, show-the-rest-of-us-up WEASEL!
Raymond Smith, Lynn, MA
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week