For more than a week, a mysterious pulsating light has been appearing nightly over Lake Erie east of downtown Cleveland — showing up at approximately 7:30 pm and zipping around in the darkness for about two hours before disappearing — reports MSNBC. Captured on film from various angles, it's now drawing nightly crowds at the lakefront. While Nick Pope, former chief UFO investigator at the British defense ministry, calls it a "significant sighting," some of the UFO's fans do not exactly inspire faith: "I have absolutely no expertise in this field, but I can guarantee you that it is not human!" says Eugene Erlich, a local college student who has been videotaping the lights. Watch MSNBC's report:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week