Pentagon eases on 'don't ask, don't tell'
Defense Secretary Robert Gates says that he has approved changes in how the Pentagon implements the law banning gays from serving openly in the military
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
Subscribe to the Week