n Erykay Badu's "controversial" new video for her single "Window Seat," the singer walks through Dallas' Dealey Plaza — the site of President John F. Kennedy's 1963 assassination — gradually shedding her clothing and getting "shot" in the head. Irked Dallas police say Badu's "guerrilla" film crew failed to get permits and, while some commentators suggest the video is a "sensationalistic exploitation of a national tragedy" (albeit good "marketing"), others see metaphorical depth in the clip. By "shedding her skin...," speculates San Francisco Chronicle's Zennie Abraham," Badu is apparently commenting on society's tendency to "destroy anyone who would seek to be who they are outside the cultural bounds assembled for them." Badu herself says she hoped to inspire "groupthink." Watch the video (nudity is blurred) to find out:
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 'You and I' vs. 'You and me'
- How to dramatically improve your memory
Subscribe to the Week