When Tea Partiers arrived in Searchlight, NV, last weekend for the first Tea Party Express III rally, locals gave them a messy — and controversial — welcome. Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart first reported that supporters of Senator Harry Reid (a Searchlight native) pelted the activists' buses with eggs — and now he has proof. In this video, released yesterday on FoundingBloggers.com, Breitbart appears in the midst of the small egg-tossing mob. While some liberal commentators reject attempts to equate eggs with the "obscenities" tossed at Congressional Black Caucus members before the May 21 health-care-reform vote, Tea Party supporters say the incident proves that liberals are no strangers to inciting violence. Watch the video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week