When Tea Partiers arrived in Searchlight, NV, last weekend for the first Tea Party Express III rally, locals gave them a messy — and controversial — welcome. Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart first reported that supporters of Senator Harry Reid (a Searchlight native) pelted the activists' buses with eggs — and now he has proof. In this video, released yesterday on FoundingBloggers.com, Breitbart appears in the midst of the small egg-tossing mob. While some liberal commentators reject attempts to equate eggs with the "obscenities" tossed at Congressional Black Caucus members before the May 21 health-care-reform vote, Tea Party supporters say the incident proves that liberals are no strangers to inciting violence. Watch the video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week