hen Tea Partiers arrived in Searchlight, NV, last weekend for the first Tea Party Express III rally, locals gave them a messy — and controversial — welcome. Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart first reported that supporters of Senator Harry Reid (a Searchlight native) pelted the activists' buses with eggs — and now he has proof. In this video, released yesterday on FoundingBloggers.com, Breitbart appears in the midst of the small egg-tossing mob. While some liberal commentators reject attempts to equate eggs with the "obscenities" tossed at Congressional Black Caucus members before the May 21 health-care-reform vote, Tea Party supporters say the incident proves that liberals are no strangers to inciting violence. Watch the video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week