hen Tea Partiers arrived in Searchlight, NV, last weekend for the first Tea Party Express III rally, locals gave them a messy — and controversial — welcome. Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart first reported that supporters of Senator Harry Reid (a Searchlight native) pelted the activists' buses with eggs — and now he has proof. In this video, released yesterday on FoundingBloggers.com, Breitbart appears in the midst of the small egg-tossing mob. While some liberal commentators reject attempts to equate eggs with the "obscenities" tossed at Congressional Black Caucus members before the May 21 health-care-reform vote, Tea Party supporters say the incident proves that liberals are no strangers to inciting violence. Watch the video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week