When Tea Partiers arrived in Searchlight, NV, last weekend for the first Tea Party Express III rally, locals gave them a messy — and controversial — welcome. Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart first reported that supporters of Senator Harry Reid (a Searchlight native) pelted the activists' buses with eggs — and now he has proof. In this video, released yesterday on FoundingBloggers.com, Breitbart appears in the midst of the small egg-tossing mob. While some liberal commentators reject attempts to equate eggs with the "obscenities" tossed at Congressional Black Caucus members before the May 21 health-care-reform vote, Tea Party supporters say the incident proves that liberals are no strangers to inciting violence. Watch the video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week