According to local news reports, dozens of people who drove to see Fox News host Glenn Beck speak at the University of Central Florida over the weekend and parked in a lot designated by large signs as "event parking" had their cars towed. At least 53 speech attendees paid $125 each to a local towing company to retrieve their vehicles. The lot in question belongs to the Kappa Sigma fraternity, leading the Cato Uticensis at the American Conservative Values blog to wonder if "liberal college students played a prank" on the Beck fans. "If so, bravo!" says MCovente at Daily Kos. Watch a report about the incident:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 7 common estate-planning mistakes
Subscribe to the Week