ccording to local news reports, dozens of people who drove to see Fox News host Glenn Beck speak at the University of Central Florida over the weekend and parked in a lot designated by large signs as "event parking" had their cars towed. At least 53 speech attendees paid $125 each to a local towing company to retrieve their vehicles. The lot in question belongs to the Kappa Sigma fraternity, leading the Cato Uticensis at the American Conservative Values blog to wonder if "liberal college students played a prank" on the Beck fans. "If so, bravo!" says MCovente at Daily Kos. Watch a report about the incident:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week