ccording to local news reports, dozens of people who drove to see Fox News host Glenn Beck speak at the University of Central Florida over the weekend and parked in a lot designated by large signs as "event parking" had their cars towed. At least 53 speech attendees paid $125 each to a local towing company to retrieve their vehicles. The lot in question belongs to the Kappa Sigma fraternity, leading the Cato Uticensis at the American Conservative Values blog to wonder if "liberal college students played a prank" on the Beck fans. "If so, bravo!" says MCovente at Daily Kos. Watch a report about the incident:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week