According to local news reports, dozens of people who drove to see Fox News host Glenn Beck speak at the University of Central Florida over the weekend and parked in a lot designated by large signs as "event parking" had their cars towed. At least 53 speech attendees paid $125 each to a local towing company to retrieve their vehicles. The lot in question belongs to the Kappa Sigma fraternity, leading the Cato Uticensis at the American Conservative Values blog to wonder if "liberal college students played a prank" on the Beck fans. "If so, bravo!" says MCovente at Daily Kos. Watch a report about the incident:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to flirt, according to science
- Incheon: the next white elephant city
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
Subscribe to the Week