Results: We asked you to come up with a reality show even more grotesquely compelling than France’s “Game of Death.” You pitched us:
THE WINNER: Cannibal: Are you the winner? Or dinner?
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, CA
SECOND PLACE: Musical Electric Chairs
William Smith, Jackson, WY
THIRD PLACE: The Bachelor: OJ Simpson
Andy Miller, Encino, CA
Going Postal: Players get to fire postal employees by telling them there will be no Saturday delivery.
Tom Fickenscher, Gothenburg, NE
Are You Crazier than a Suicide Bomber?
Ersilia Ash, Austin, TX
You Bet Your Children!
Larry Fish, New York City
Run for Your Life: Contestants are covered in chocolate and locked in a house with “The Biggest Loser” contestants.
Ashley Ryan, Catonsville, MD
So You Think You Can Do Brain Surgery?
Kasumi, Cleveland, OH
America’s Got Typhus!
Paul DeAngelis, Columbia, MD
Win, Lose or Drawn & Quartered
Bethany Wheeling, Finksburg, MD
Beat the Reaper
John A. Kay, Livermore, CA
The Real Hitmen of Essex County
Joel Wagner, Burlingame, CA
Survivor: Walt Disney World – Outwait, Outspend, Outlast.
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, VA
Survivor: Capitol Hill – Who will be voted off?
Bryan McGrath, Wakefield, MA
Help Me Find My Puppy! From the disgruntled former employees who brought you “Kids Say the Darnedest Things.”
Sarah Bullion, Venice, CA
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
Subscribe to the Week