Several right wing personalities, including Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and FOX News host Glenn Beck, have suggested the 2010 Census is an invasion of privacy, and have encouraged Americans not to participate. But if conservative voters shun the Census en masse, the GOP could lose Republican seats in Congress and state legislatures. How to counter that? Enter another prominent conservative, Karl Rove, who's made a new PSA urging all Americans fill out their forms. "The current distrust of Washington should not encourage people from being counted," the former Bush adviser told the Washington Post. No doubt this will convince many on the right "who still revere Rove," says Chris Rovzar at New York Magazine. But what effect will it have on liberals? "We can only imagine." Watch Rove pitch the 2010 Census below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week