everal right wing personalities, including Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and FOX News host Glenn Beck, have suggested the 2010 Census is an invasion of privacy, and have encouraged Americans not to participate. But if conservative voters shun the Census en masse, the GOP could lose Republican seats in Congress and state legislatures. How to counter that? Enter another prominent conservative, Karl Rove, who's made a new PSA urging all Americans fill out their forms. "The current distrust of Washington should not encourage people from being counted," the former Bush adviser told the Washington Post. No doubt this will convince many on the right "who still revere Rove," says Chris Rovzar at New York Magazine. But what effect will it have on liberals? "We can only imagine." Watch Rove pitch the 2010 Census below:
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
Subscribe to the Week