Several right wing personalities, including Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and FOX News host Glenn Beck, have suggested the 2010 Census is an invasion of privacy, and have encouraged Americans not to participate. But if conservative voters shun the Census en masse, the GOP could lose Republican seats in Congress and state legislatures. How to counter that? Enter another prominent conservative, Karl Rove, who's made a new PSA urging all Americans fill out their forms. "The current distrust of Washington should not encourage people from being counted," the former Bush adviser told the Washington Post. No doubt this will convince many on the right "who still revere Rove," says Chris Rovzar at New York Magazine. But what effect will it have on liberals? "We can only imagine." Watch Rove pitch the 2010 Census below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
Subscribe to the Week