Is it possible the President of the United States feels threatened by 16-year-old pop sensation Justin Bieber? At the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, Obama appeared to make a "derisive facial expression and mocking hand gestures" when his wife introduced the singer and the predominantly young, female crowd squealed in delight. Clearly, the president's "ego took a hit," speculates Dan Amira at New York Magazine. "When Justin Bieber is in attendance... [Obama] might as well not even exist." Has the president's self-esteem been permanently damaged? Uh, no, says Aylin Zafar at the Atlantic. Watch Obama's "jealous" reaction at the 2:20 mark in this video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week