s it possible the President of the United States feels threatened by 16-year-old pop sensation Justin Bieber? At the annual White House Easter Egg Roll, Obama appeared to make a "derisive facial expression and mocking hand gestures" when his wife introduced the singer and the predominantly young, female crowd squealed in delight. Clearly, the president's "ego took a hit," speculates Dan Amira at New York Magazine. "When Justin Bieber is in attendance... [Obama] might as well not even exist." Has the president's self-esteem been permanently damaged? Uh, no, says Aylin Zafar at the Atlantic. Watch Obama's "jealous" reaction at the 2:20 mark in this video:
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
Subscribe to the Week