he determinedly unrecognizable Heidi Montag made headlines last November when she confessed (and confessed) to undergoing 10 plastic surgeries at once. Now The Hills costar, 23, has admitted to Ryan Seacrest that she's not even sure what one procedure — which she calls "back scooping" — entailed. Dr. Alan Matarasso, a spokesman for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, seems equally perplexed. "It may be [Montag's] interpretation of a procedure we call liposuction of the back or the bra strap area," Matarasso told The Washington Post, going on to cast doubt on her story: "You need [to sign] separate consents for each procedure." Did doctors fail to educate Montag about "back scooping," or is the Hills star playing dumb? Listen to this audio clip:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week