n 2008, The New York Times created an infographic based on the book The Nuclear Express: A Political History of the Bomb and its Proliferation — charting how nuclear weapons have proliferated among nations since the United States became the first "nuclear state" in 1945. Though the chart is somewhat dated, it is still a fascinating look at how transfers of nuclear secrets and technology have unfolded over 65 years.
See the full infographic at The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why we shouldn't be afraid to talk about 'Grandma' Hillary
Subscribe to the Week