Reality star and flailing "Dancing With the Stars" contestant Kate Gosselin has a new series in the works with TLC. In Twist of Kate, scheduled to debut this summer, Gosselin will try to help — and learn from — "everyday women" as they struggle to overcome challenges in their lives. Critics have sounded a skeptical note though: "I have my doubts that there are a lot of other women who can learn from Kate," says gossip blog The Blemish. Not only that, says Lisa de Moraes in The Washington Post, but "our money's on Kate finding a way" to make the show about her — and not at all about "everyday women." Watch an AP news report about "Twist of Kate," below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week