Reality star and flailing "Dancing With the Stars" contestant Kate Gosselin has a new series in the works with TLC. In Twist of Kate, scheduled to debut this summer, Gosselin will try to help — and learn from — "everyday women" as they struggle to overcome challenges in their lives. Critics have sounded a skeptical note though: "I have my doubts that there are a lot of other women who can learn from Kate," says gossip blog The Blemish. Not only that, says Lisa de Moraes in The Washington Post, but "our money's on Kate finding a way" to make the show about her — and not at all about "everyday women." Watch an AP news report about "Twist of Kate," below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week