Reality star and flailing "Dancing With the Stars" contestant Kate Gosselin has a new series in the works with TLC. In Twist of Kate, scheduled to debut this summer, Gosselin will try to help — and learn from — "everyday women" as they struggle to overcome challenges in their lives. Critics have sounded a skeptical note though: "I have my doubts that there are a lot of other women who can learn from Kate," says gossip blog The Blemish. Not only that, says Lisa de Moraes in The Washington Post, but "our money's on Kate finding a way" to make the show about her — and not at all about "everyday women." Watch an AP news report about "Twist of Kate," below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week