Reality star and flailing "Dancing With the Stars" contestant Kate Gosselin has a new series in the works with TLC. In Twist of Kate, scheduled to debut this summer, Gosselin will try to help — and learn from — "everyday women" as they struggle to overcome challenges in their lives. Critics have sounded a skeptical note though: "I have my doubts that there are a lot of other women who can learn from Kate," says gossip blog The Blemish. Not only that, says Lisa de Moraes in The Washington Post, but "our money's on Kate finding a way" to make the show about her — and not at all about "everyday women." Watch an AP news report about "Twist of Kate," below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
Subscribe to the Week