n the battle for Florida's Republican Senate nomination, Gov. Charlie Crist has fallen far behind rival Marco Rubio in recent polls. So far, in fact, that Crist has even considered running at an Independent just to stay in the race. But his struggle may have just gotten more difficult with Sarah Palin "endorsing" Rubio, an enthusiastic Tea Party supporter, at the 2010 Southern Republican Leadership Convention (SRLC) this weekend.
A reporter for Florida political blog the Shark Tank caught the former Alaska governor on camera after her SRLC keynote address, and asked if she would "endorse" Rubio for Senate. "I love Marco Rubio!" replied Palin. "Marco, keep up the good work. Call me." While "it's not an official endorsement," says Kyle Munzenrieder in the Miami New Times, it certainly seems that "Palin is a fan of Rubio." Not that Rubio needs Palin's help, says Ed Morrissey in Hot Air. Crist has already squandered his senatorial chances so throughly, "he couldn’t do more to lose this race if he tried." Watch the video below:
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week