Known for their big hair, dark tans, and loud mouths, the gaudy girls of MTV's hit reality show Jersey Shore generally escape the "classy" label. But a new Harper's Bazaar photo shoot could change all that. With the help of Lizzie Post (great-great-granddaughter of etiquette authority Emily Post) and Manhattan socialite Tinsley Mortimer, the show's female stars—Snooki, J-Woww, and Sammi—traded in their notoriously lewd language and tawdry attire for lady-like charm and glamorous evening gowns for a spread in the magazine's latest issue, out next week. "I give Sammi an A+ for her pose, elegance, and overall comfort level," says Archana Ram in Entertainment Weekly. But J-Woww's pose just looks "pained." With their "boobs covered and knees crossed," says Madison Ventura in Celebuzz, I can "barely recognize the Jersey Shore girls." Fortunately, I'm sure the shoot "didn't do much to change the girls' inner Jersey." Watch a video of the photo shoot below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week