Known for their big hair, dark tans, and loud mouths, the gaudy girls of MTV's hit reality show Jersey Shore generally escape the "classy" label. But a new Harper's Bazaar photo shoot could change all that. With the help of Lizzie Post (great-great-granddaughter of etiquette authority Emily Post) and Manhattan socialite Tinsley Mortimer, the show's female stars—Snooki, J-Woww, and Sammi—traded in their notoriously lewd language and tawdry attire for lady-like charm and glamorous evening gowns for a spread in the magazine's latest issue, out next week. "I give Sammi an A+ for her pose, elegance, and overall comfort level," says Archana Ram in Entertainment Weekly. But J-Woww's pose just looks "pained." With their "boobs covered and knees crossed," says Madison Ventura in Celebuzz, I can "barely recognize the Jersey Shore girls." Fortunately, I'm sure the shoot "didn't do much to change the girls' inner Jersey." Watch a video of the photo shoot below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week