nown for their big hair, dark tans, and loud mouths, the gaudy girls of MTV's hit reality show Jersey Shore generally escape the "classy" label. But a new Harper's Bazaar photo shoot could change all that. With the help of Lizzie Post (great-great-granddaughter of etiquette authority Emily Post) and Manhattan socialite Tinsley Mortimer, the show's female stars—Snooki, J-Woww, and Sammi—traded in their notoriously lewd language and tawdry attire for lady-like charm and glamorous evening gowns for a spread in the magazine's latest issue, out next week. "I give Sammi an A+ for her pose, elegance, and overall comfort level," says Archana Ram in Entertainment Weekly. But J-Woww's pose just looks "pained." With their "boobs covered and knees crossed," says Madison Ventura in Celebuzz, I can "barely recognize the Jersey Shore girls." Fortunately, I'm sure the shoot "didn't do much to change the girls' inner Jersey." Watch a video of the photo shoot below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Today in history: The birth of the federal income tax
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week