Known for their big hair, dark tans, and loud mouths, the gaudy girls of MTV's hit reality show Jersey Shore generally escape the "classy" label. But a new Harper's Bazaar photo shoot could change all that. With the help of Lizzie Post (great-great-granddaughter of etiquette authority Emily Post) and Manhattan socialite Tinsley Mortimer, the show's female stars—Snooki, J-Woww, and Sammi—traded in their notoriously lewd language and tawdry attire for lady-like charm and glamorous evening gowns for a spread in the magazine's latest issue, out next week. "I give Sammi an A+ for her pose, elegance, and overall comfort level," says Archana Ram in Entertainment Weekly. But J-Woww's pose just looks "pained." With their "boobs covered and knees crossed," says Madison Ventura in Celebuzz, I can "barely recognize the Jersey Shore girls." Fortunately, I'm sure the shoot "didn't do much to change the girls' inner Jersey." Watch a video of the photo shoot below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week