Known for their big hair, dark tans, and loud mouths, the gaudy girls of MTV's hit reality show Jersey Shore generally escape the "classy" label. But a new Harper's Bazaar photo shoot could change all that. With the help of Lizzie Post (great-great-granddaughter of etiquette authority Emily Post) and Manhattan socialite Tinsley Mortimer, the show's female stars—Snooki, J-Woww, and Sammi—traded in their notoriously lewd language and tawdry attire for lady-like charm and glamorous evening gowns for a spread in the magazine's latest issue, out next week. "I give Sammi an A+ for her pose, elegance, and overall comfort level," says Archana Ram in Entertainment Weekly. But J-Woww's pose just looks "pained." With their "boobs covered and knees crossed," says Madison Ventura in Celebuzz, I can "barely recognize the Jersey Shore girls." Fortunately, I'm sure the shoot "didn't do much to change the girls' inner Jersey." Watch a video of the photo shoot below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week