lus-sized clothing company Lane Bryant "is up in arms" after Fox and ABC refused to air its new lingerie commercial, claiming that plus-size cleavage is too prominent. What a strange "double standard," counters Lane Bryant, pointing out that the networks regularly run equally-revealing Victoria's Secret commercials. The ads are indeed sexy, concedes Tracy Clark-Flory in Salon, but in a "truly sensual and erotic" way that we're rarely exposed to on network TV. This is much ado about much, says Peggy Wang in Buzzfeed: "There's nothing too scandalous" in the ad — unless, of course, "giant boobs scare you." Watch the spot:
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 'You and I' vs. 'You and me'
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- The indignity of canine bath time
Subscribe to the Week