lus-sized clothing company Lane Bryant "is up in arms" after Fox and ABC refused to air its new lingerie commercial, claiming that plus-size cleavage is too prominent. What a strange "double standard," counters Lane Bryant, pointing out that the networks regularly run equally-revealing Victoria's Secret commercials. The ads are indeed sexy, concedes Tracy Clark-Flory in Salon, but in a "truly sensual and erotic" way that we're rarely exposed to on network TV. This is much ado about much, says Peggy Wang in Buzzfeed: "There's nothing too scandalous" in the ad — unless, of course, "giant boobs scare you." Watch the spot:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week