Facebook spokesman Andrew Noyes says the anti-Obama group, though "distasteful and objectionable to some," hasn't broken the site's rules. That's debatable, says Michael Tomasky in the Guardian. "Free speech has never included shouting 'fire!' in a theater," he says, "and it shouldn't include wishing death on any public figure, let alone the president." Fine, says blogger Trench Reynolds in TheTrenchCoat.com. But "would those of you who are demanding the removal of this Facebook group have done the same" if it were directed at George W. Bush? "Just askin'." Watch a report about the group:
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 gender options
Subscribe to the Week