Results: We asked you to come up with a friendly greeting that would nonetheless keep space aliens away. You beamed:
FIRST PRIZE: Visit Earth: We don't profile, we simply enforce existing federal law.
Mark Gibson, San Antonio, TX
SECOND PLACE: You are cordially invited to a COMPLIMENTARY DINNER following our Investment Seminar.
Peggy Harding, Palm Harbor, FL
THIRD PLACE: Hi! I'm Snooki and you're watching “Jersey Shore.”
Barbara Hoffman, Philadelphia
Hello from Planet Earth! Mention this message and receive a 10% discount on a Snuggie.
George Lloyd, Shrewsbury, MA
Ask us about Herbalife.
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, VA
Welcome Female Aliens!
This message sponsored by: Tiger Woods
John W. Stinson, Springfield, MO
Special mortgage rate available now to aliens: 1-Year ARM: 0% interest, 0% down, no credit report required!
Sandra J. Bond, Pittsburgh
You’ve been traveling for light years. Come in for your overdue colonoscopy.
Andrew Klein, M.D., Richmond, VA
All of us here at TMZ want to wish you a warm welcome.
Michael Rentzepis, Eau Claire, WI
Welcome to our planet! Enter through the giant hole in our ozone layer.
Shirley Larrick, Alexandria, VA
See? You wouldn’t want it anyway. (This message brought to you by BP, proud sponsors of the Alien Deterrent Initiative.)
Nora Stewart, New Haven, CT
Toll-free parking for the first twenty minutes.
Maggie Craddock, Plano, TX
Welcome to Earth: Home of the J. LO film festival.
Alan Parven, Commerce Twp., MI
852,456,321 Earthlings want to friend you on Facebook.
Kelly Haverkampf, Saint Germain, WI
Visit Earth to hear what Glenn Beck and Keith Olbermann have to say!
Ashley Ryan, Catonsville, MD
Home of the Whopper.
Jason Lee, Hudson, OH
Beware of 400 million dogs.
Steve Currie, Corning, NY
Gavin Ryan, Oakland, CA
Come back in a million years. It’ll be a lovely green space by then.
Rashaun Geter, Columbus, OH
Greetings! I am a Nigerian prince and I humbly invite you to Earth to assist my in a lucrative business.
Dallas Lea, Poughkeepsie, NY
Please excuse the mess.
Tanya Brehm, West Roxbury, MA
Come on...Wouldn’t it be funnier to take over a planet called Uranus?
J. R. Klein, Scarsdale, NY
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week