A TV prankster is on the loose in the Midwest. The man, calling himself Kenny "K-Strass" Strasser, has appeared on regional television six times in the past month posing as an expert yo-yo trickster. But the only tricks he has been performing are on the bemused morning-show anchors. One time, Strasser turned up claiming to have forgotten the string for his yo-yo. Another time, he hit himself in the face and groin with the toy. This might be a "performance-art masterpiece," says Edith Zimmerman in New York magazine. "We ... love it." Convincing "rube after rube" he's a yo-yo champion requires almost as much skill as mastering the art itself, says the Huffington Post, introducing the video below. "It's a bit of a slow build, but oh my, what a payoff." Watch the extract from Friday morning's Good Morning Four States on KODE in Joplin, Mo:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week