TV prankster is on the loose in the Midwest. The man, calling himself Kenny "K-Strass" Strasser, has appeared on regional television six times in the past month posing as an expert yo-yo trickster. But the only tricks he has been performing are on the bemused morning-show anchors. One time, Strasser turned up claiming to have forgotten the string for his yo-yo. Another time, he hit himself in the face and groin with the toy. This might be a "performance-art masterpiece," says Edith Zimmerman in New York magazine. "We ... love it." Convincing "rube after rube" he's a yo-yo champion requires almost as much skill as mastering the art itself, says the Huffington Post, introducing the video below. "It's a bit of a slow build, but oh my, what a payoff." Watch the extract from Friday morning's Good Morning Four States on KODE in Joplin, Mo:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week