TV prankster is on the loose in the Midwest. The man, calling himself Kenny "K-Strass" Strasser, has appeared on regional television six times in the past month posing as an expert yo-yo trickster. But the only tricks he has been performing are on the bemused morning-show anchors. One time, Strasser turned up claiming to have forgotten the string for his yo-yo. Another time, he hit himself in the face and groin with the toy. This might be a "performance-art masterpiece," says Edith Zimmerman in New York magazine. "We ... love it." Convincing "rube after rube" he's a yo-yo champion requires almost as much skill as mastering the art itself, says the Huffington Post, introducing the video below. "It's a bit of a slow build, but oh my, what a payoff." Watch the extract from Friday morning's Good Morning Four States on KODE in Joplin, Mo:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week