arah Palin has thrown her considerable political heft behind Arizona's controversial immigration reform twice in the past week — once on Saturday when she declared "we are all Arizonans now," and then again on FOX Business on Wednesday, when she urged "every other state on the border" to follow Arizona's example. No matter what you think about her politics, says Michael Van Der Galien at NewsRealBlog, "you have to admit that Palin is one of the bravest women in America." It's easy to be brave when you're mentally "barren," responds Jonathan Capeheart at The Washington Post, who calls Palin out for "her trademark reflexive know-nothingness." What's needed, he says, "is comprehensive immigration reform at the federal level. But all the sensible solutions have been, are and will continue to be shot down by the Sarah Palin wing of the Republican Party." Watch Palin's FOX remarks:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
Subscribe to the Week