Serial cheater Jesse James, in his first TV interview since the implosion of his marriage with Sandra Bullock, says he's "the most hated man in the world now." James — a tattooed motorcycle builder turned reality TV star — told ABC's "Nightline" that he had an "amazing life" during his six-year marriage to the Oscar-winning actress, but that a self-destructive streak made him throw it all away by sneaking around with other women, including stripper and tattoo model Michelle "Bombshell" McGee. After the way he treated Bullock, says gossip blog The Improper, James' may well deserve to be the globe's most despised male. That said, "he comes across like a hurt puppy." Don't make me ill, says Jacob B. Osterhout in the New York Daily News. I just wish James and the rest of the "TMI generation" would shut up. If James wants to come clean to Sandra Bullock, fine, but the rest of us don't need to know. "There's a fine line between sharing the facts of a story and it all being about me, me, me!" Watch an excerpt from James' "Nightline" tell-all:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week