Serial cheater Jesse James, in his first TV interview since the implosion of his marriage with Sandra Bullock, says he's "the most hated man in the world now." James — a tattooed motorcycle builder turned reality TV star — told ABC's "Nightline" that he had an "amazing life" during his six-year marriage to the Oscar-winning actress, but that a self-destructive streak made him throw it all away by sneaking around with other women, including stripper and tattoo model Michelle "Bombshell" McGee. After the way he treated Bullock, says gossip blog The Improper, James' may well deserve to be the globe's most despised male. That said, "he comes across like a hurt puppy." Don't make me ill, says Jacob B. Osterhout in the New York Daily News. I just wish James and the rest of the "TMI generation" would shut up. If James wants to come clean to Sandra Bullock, fine, but the rest of us don't need to know. "There's a fine line between sharing the facts of a story and it all being about me, me, me!" Watch an excerpt from James' "Nightline" tell-all:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week