Serial cheater Jesse James, in his first TV interview since the implosion of his marriage with Sandra Bullock, says he's "the most hated man in the world now." James — a tattooed motorcycle builder turned reality TV star — told ABC's "Nightline" that he had an "amazing life" during his six-year marriage to the Oscar-winning actress, but that a self-destructive streak made him throw it all away by sneaking around with other women, including stripper and tattoo model Michelle "Bombshell" McGee. After the way he treated Bullock, says gossip blog The Improper, James' may well deserve to be the globe's most despised male. That said, "he comes across like a hurt puppy." Don't make me ill, says Jacob B. Osterhout in the New York Daily News. I just wish James and the rest of the "TMI generation" would shut up. If James wants to come clean to Sandra Bullock, fine, but the rest of us don't need to know. "There's a fine line between sharing the facts of a story and it all being about me, me, me!" Watch an excerpt from James' "Nightline" tell-all:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week