erial cheater Jesse James, in his first TV interview since the implosion of his marriage with Sandra Bullock, says he's "the most hated man in the world now." James — a tattooed motorcycle builder turned reality TV star — told ABC's "Nightline" that he had an "amazing life" during his six-year marriage to the Oscar-winning actress, but that a self-destructive streak made him throw it all away by sneaking around with other women, including stripper and tattoo model Michelle "Bombshell" McGee. After the way he treated Bullock, says gossip blog The Improper, James' may well deserve to be the globe's most despised male. That said, "he comes across like a hurt puppy." Don't make me ill, says Jacob B. Osterhout in the New York Daily News. I just wish James and the rest of the "TMI generation" would shut up. If James wants to come clean to Sandra Bullock, fine, but the rest of us don't need to know. "There's a fine line between sharing the facts of a story and it all being about me, me, me!" Watch an excerpt from James' "Nightline" tell-all:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week