Did Fox News host Bill O'Reilly say gay men are the same as terrorists? Discussing a McDonald's ad running in France that features a gay youth and his clueless father, O'Reilly wonders aloud why McDonald's would make such an ad, and if its "Come As You Are" campaign could potentially include "an Al-Qaeda ad," too. Brian Moylan at Gawker says O'Reilly's categorization of gay love as "just like flying a plane into a building" is merely "a brand new way for O'Reilly to demonstrate that he hates gay people." O'Reilly producer David Tabacoff shoots back that gay groups have just manufactured "a silly controversy," adding, "If you... think he's actually equating gays with Al Qaeda, you must be crazy." So, who's crazy? Here's the O'Reilly segment:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week