Did Fox News host Bill O'Reilly say gay men are the same as terrorists? Discussing a McDonald's ad running in France that features a gay youth and his clueless father, O'Reilly wonders aloud why McDonald's would make such an ad, and if its "Come As You Are" campaign could potentially include "an Al-Qaeda ad," too. Brian Moylan at Gawker says O'Reilly's categorization of gay love as "just like flying a plane into a building" is merely "a brand new way for O'Reilly to demonstrate that he hates gay people." O'Reilly producer David Tabacoff shoots back that gay groups have just manufactured "a silly controversy," adding, "If you... think he's actually equating gays with Al Qaeda, you must be crazy." So, who's crazy? Here's the O'Reilly segment:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week