id Fox News host Bill O'Reilly say gay men are the same as terrorists? Discussing a McDonald's ad running in France that features a gay youth and his clueless father, O'Reilly wonders aloud why McDonald's would make such an ad, and if its "Come As You Are" campaign could potentially include "an Al-Qaeda ad," too. Brian Moylan at Gawker says O'Reilly's categorization of gay love as "just like flying a plane into a building" is merely "a brand new way for O'Reilly to demonstrate that he hates gay people." O'Reilly producer David Tabacoff shoots back that gay groups have just manufactured "a silly controversy," adding, "If you... think he's actually equating gays with Al Qaeda, you must be crazy." So, who's crazy? Here's the O'Reilly segment:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
Subscribe to the Week