Did Fox News host Bill O'Reilly say gay men are the same as terrorists? Discussing a McDonald's ad running in France that features a gay youth and his clueless father, O'Reilly wonders aloud why McDonald's would make such an ad, and if its "Come As You Are" campaign could potentially include "an Al-Qaeda ad," too. Brian Moylan at Gawker says O'Reilly's categorization of gay love as "just like flying a plane into a building" is merely "a brand new way for O'Reilly to demonstrate that he hates gay people." O'Reilly producer David Tabacoff shoots back that gay groups have just manufactured "a silly controversy," adding, "If you... think he's actually equating gays with Al Qaeda, you must be crazy." So, who's crazy? Here's the O'Reilly segment:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week