id Fox News host Bill O'Reilly say gay men are the same as terrorists? Discussing a McDonald's ad running in France that features a gay youth and his clueless father, O'Reilly wonders aloud why McDonald's would make such an ad, and if its "Come As You Are" campaign could potentially include "an Al-Qaeda ad," too. Brian Moylan at Gawker says O'Reilly's categorization of gay love as "just like flying a plane into a building" is merely "a brand new way for O'Reilly to demonstrate that he hates gay people." O'Reilly producer David Tabacoff shoots back that gay groups have just manufactured "a silly controversy," adding, "If you... think he's actually equating gays with Al Qaeda, you must be crazy." So, who's crazy? Here's the O'Reilly segment:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
Subscribe to the Week