A video has emerged documenting various cosmetic surgeries undergone by Debrahlee Lorenzana, the former Citibank employee who claims in a lawsuit she was fired simply for being too sexy. In a Discovery Health Channel documentary from 2003, Lorenzana says she is preparing to undergo a second round of breast augmentation surgery and ultimately aspires to resemble "tits on a stick" — the better to attract a "soul mate." This kind of undermines her discrimination suit, says Elie Mystal at Above the Law. "Surely when a woman places objects in her boobs for the specific purpose of attracting a 'professional' man, she's got to assume some responsiblity when men stare." Hold on a minute, says Jessica Wakeman at The Frisky. While it's "sad" that an attractive woman like Lorenzana felt she had to get extensive surgery, her desire to "look like a Playboy playmate" doesn't mean she was asking to be sexually harassed in her workplace. Watch the video, which contains NSFW scenes of surgery, here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week