A video has emerged documenting various cosmetic surgeries undergone by Debrahlee Lorenzana, the former Citibank employee who claims in a lawsuit she was fired simply for being too sexy. In a Discovery Health Channel documentary from 2003, Lorenzana says she is preparing to undergo a second round of breast augmentation surgery and ultimately aspires to resemble "tits on a stick" — the better to attract a "soul mate." This kind of undermines her discrimination suit, says Elie Mystal at Above the Law. "Surely when a woman places objects in her boobs for the specific purpose of attracting a 'professional' man, she's got to assume some responsiblity when men stare." Hold on a minute, says Jessica Wakeman at The Frisky. While it's "sad" that an attractive woman like Lorenzana felt she had to get extensive surgery, her desire to "look like a Playboy playmate" doesn't mean she was asking to be sexually harassed in her workplace. Watch the video, which contains NSFW scenes of surgery, here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week