A video has emerged documenting various cosmetic surgeries undergone by Debrahlee Lorenzana, the former Citibank employee who claims in a lawsuit she was fired simply for being too sexy. In a Discovery Health Channel documentary from 2003, Lorenzana says she is preparing to undergo a second round of breast augmentation surgery and ultimately aspires to resemble "tits on a stick" — the better to attract a "soul mate." This kind of undermines her discrimination suit, says Elie Mystal at Above the Law. "Surely when a woman places objects in her boobs for the specific purpose of attracting a 'professional' man, she's got to assume some responsiblity when men stare." Hold on a minute, says Jessica Wakeman at The Frisky. While it's "sad" that an attractive woman like Lorenzana felt she had to get extensive surgery, her desire to "look like a Playboy playmate" doesn't mean she was asking to be sexually harassed in her workplace. Watch the video, which contains NSFW scenes of surgery, here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week