A video has emerged documenting various cosmetic surgeries undergone by Debrahlee Lorenzana, the former Citibank employee who claims in a lawsuit she was fired simply for being too sexy. In a Discovery Health Channel documentary from 2003, Lorenzana says she is preparing to undergo a second round of breast augmentation surgery and ultimately aspires to resemble "tits on a stick" — the better to attract a "soul mate." This kind of undermines her discrimination suit, says Elie Mystal at Above the Law. "Surely when a woman places objects in her boobs for the specific purpose of attracting a 'professional' man, she's got to assume some responsiblity when men stare." Hold on a minute, says Jessica Wakeman at The Frisky. While it's "sad" that an attractive woman like Lorenzana felt she had to get extensive surgery, her desire to "look like a Playboy playmate" doesn't mean she was asking to be sexually harassed in her workplace. Watch the video, which contains NSFW scenes of surgery, here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week