on Stewart, Comedy Central's satirist-in-chief, last night turned his attention to Alvin Greene, the tongue-tied Democrat candidate whose baffling win in a South Carolina senate primary has flummoxed an increasingly aghast media. While his defeated rival Vic Rawl is challenging the election results, state Democrats are suggesting that Greene is a Republican plant, earning Stewart's ridicule. "This is the political equivalent of running yourself a warm bath, falling asleep next to it with your hand in the tub, wetting yourself and then blaming the Republicans," he said. After Stewart's takedown of the Nikki Haley affair, South Carolina is fast becoming "one of Jon Stewart's favorite targets," says The Huffington Post. And in typical "Daily Show" style, Stewart "reveled in not only the absurdity of Greene's victory, but of course, the media's coverage of it." Here's the video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
- Can Rand Paul avoid the Neville Chamberlain trap?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week