on Stewart, Comedy Central's satirist-in-chief, last night turned his attention to Alvin Greene, the tongue-tied Democrat candidate whose baffling win in a South Carolina senate primary has flummoxed an increasingly aghast media. While his defeated rival Vic Rawl is challenging the election results, state Democrats are suggesting that Greene is a Republican plant, earning Stewart's ridicule. "This is the political equivalent of running yourself a warm bath, falling asleep next to it with your hand in the tub, wetting yourself and then blaming the Republicans," he said. After Stewart's takedown of the Nikki Haley affair, South Carolina is fast becoming "one of Jon Stewart's favorite targets," says The Huffington Post. And in typical "Daily Show" style, Stewart "reveled in not only the absurdity of Greene's victory, but of course, the media's coverage of it." Here's the video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week