Are Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston rekindling their romance? In what The Frisky calls "the most random of possible celeb reconciliations," US Weekly says that two are growing closer in "mama grizzly" Sarah Palin's absence, with Levi even sleeping over at Bristol's Anchorage condo. While Bristol recently told Harper's Bazaar that her son's father is "a stranger to me," she told "Good Morning America" this morning that "Levi and I are turning a new page here as co-parents... Doing so is in Tripp's best interest." Are the couple spending more time together for the sake of their son, or is romance in the Alaskan air once more? (Watch an E! News report about rumors of a reunion)
There goes Bristol Palin's platform: While it's anyone's guess just how "intimately" the couple are working on their relationship for the benefit of Tripp, that could mean curtains for Bristol Palin's "renewed fervor" for abstinence, says Christine Mathias at Salon. Then again, there's a potential loophole here: "If you did him once already," shouldn't "all future instances... be alright?"
"Bristol Palin, Levi Johnston together again?"
This relationship's been through the wringer: After everything that's happened, it'd be "bizarre" if Levi and Bristol actually gave their relationship another shot, says Amelia McDonell-Parry at The Frisky. Let's not forget that Bristol sued Levi for back child support, and Levi "trash-talked Bristol's parents, Sarah and Todd Palin... everywhere from 'The Tyra Show' to 'Oprah' to GQ." After all that, I can't imagine Sarah Palin giving her blessing to a renewed romance. On the other hand, "maybe Bristol isn't done rebelling."
"Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston back on?
This could have a happy ending (of sorts): If Bristol and Levi are really collaborating more closely as parents, it's actually a "nicer, more encouraging story" than the romantic tale trumpeted by US Weekly, says Glynnis MacNicol at Mediaite. A friendly reunion "demonstrates a level of adult behavior one does not necessarily associate with political family debacles." Too bad the entertainment media is so caught up in (potentially false) rumors to contemplate that less sensational scenario.
"Andrew Sullivan is skeptical that Bristol Palin and Levi are back together"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
Subscribe to the Week