The Hotel Sacher in Salzburg, Austria, offers a gourmet package through July 22. From $715, stay two nights at the hotel and get complimentary breakfast, apéritifs, and a four-course dinner—as well as Sachertorte as a farewell gift.
Through Aug. 28, Toronto’s Fairmont Royal York hotel is offering two-night weekend stays that include a six-course dinner as well as a tour of the Saint Lawrence Market with the hotel’s chef. Rates start at $433.
A taste of Morocco
Eight-day culinary tours of Morocco in July and August start at $1,899. Accommodations, tours of Rabat’s and Marrakesh’s food markets, and participation in a Moroccan tea ceremony included.
The fruit of Maine
Through July 29, Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport, Maine, offers a lobster-themed package. Rates start at $599 and include three nights, dinners, and a boat tour with lessons on catching and cooking lobster.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week