The Hotel Sacher in Salzburg, Austria, offers a gourmet package through July 22. From $715, stay two nights at the hotel and get complimentary breakfast, apéritifs, and a four-course dinner—as well as Sachertorte as a farewell gift.
Through Aug. 28, Toronto’s Fairmont Royal York hotel is offering two-night weekend stays that include a six-course dinner as well as a tour of the Saint Lawrence Market with the hotel’s chef. Rates start at $433.
A taste of Morocco
Eight-day culinary tours of Morocco in July and August start at $1,899. Accommodations, tours of Rabat’s and Marrakesh’s food markets, and participation in a Moroccan tea ceremony included.
The fruit of Maine
Through July 29, Nonantum Resort in Kennebunkport, Maine, offers a lobster-themed package. Rates start at $599 and include three nights, dinners, and a boat tour with lessons on catching and cooking lobster.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
Subscribe to the Week