labama's Dale Peterson, who shot to internet stardom in May after making what at least one pundit described as the "greatest political ad ever," may have finished third in the GOP primary for state Agriculture Commissioner, but he's not done making commercials. In his newest spot, entitled "Get Away from That!," a gun-toting Peterson endorses one former rival in the run-off election, calls the other one a "dummy," and fires a warning shot to ward off a "thug" who's trying to steal a McMillan campaign sign. Given that some voters thought Peterson's "message was more extreme than funny," says the Tennessee Decature Daily in an editorial, "it will be interesting to see if Peterson chases off more than sign stealers." We'll likely have plenty of time to answer that question, says CQ Politics, given that Peterson is now a bonafide "YouTube star." Expect to see a lot more of him in the future. Watch Peterson's latest ad below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week