Police were summoned this week to settle a dispute between Lindsay Lohan’s mother, Dina, and a Carvel ice cream store, said Radaronline.com. While picking up a birthday cake at one of the chain’s Long Island, N.Y., stores, Dina produced a VIP card Carvel had issued to celebrities, entitling them to free ice cream. But a store clerk said that neither Lindsay nor her sister Ali (who also has a card) were present, and refused to hand over the cake. An irate Dina summoned the cops, who sided with the clerk. Said Dina: “It just shows how we [Lohans] get treated worse than regular people.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week