Police were summoned this week to settle a dispute between Lindsay Lohan’s mother, Dina, and a Carvel ice cream store, said Radaronline.com. While picking up a birthday cake at one of the chain’s Long Island, N.Y., stores, Dina produced a VIP card Carvel had issued to celebrities, entitling them to free ice cream. But a store clerk said that neither Lindsay nor her sister Ali (who also has a card) were present, and refused to hand over the cake. An irate Dina summoned the cops, who sided with the clerk. Said Dina: “It just shows how we [Lohans] get treated worse than regular people.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week