olice were summoned this week to settle a dispute between Lindsay Lohan’s mother, Dina, and a Carvel ice cream store, said Radaronline.com. While picking up a birthday cake at one of the chain’s Long Island, N.Y., stores, Dina produced a VIP card Carvel had issued to celebrities, entitling them to free ice cream. But a store clerk said that neither Lindsay nor her sister Ali (who also has a card) were present, and refused to hand over the cake. An irate Dina summoned the cops, who sided with the clerk. Said Dina: “It just shows how we [Lohans] get treated worse than regular people.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week