Police were summoned this week to settle a dispute between Lindsay Lohan’s mother, Dina, and a Carvel ice cream store, said Radaronline.com. While picking up a birthday cake at one of the chain’s Long Island, N.Y., stores, Dina produced a VIP card Carvel had issued to celebrities, entitling them to free ice cream. But a store clerk said that neither Lindsay nor her sister Ali (who also has a card) were present, and refused to hand over the cake. An irate Dina summoned the cops, who sided with the clerk. Said Dina: “It just shows how we [Lohans] get treated worse than regular people.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week