Police were summoned this week to settle a dispute between Lindsay Lohan’s mother, Dina, and a Carvel ice cream store, said Radaronline.com. While picking up a birthday cake at one of the chain’s Long Island, N.Y., stores, Dina produced a VIP card Carvel had issued to celebrities, entitling them to free ice cream. But a store clerk said that neither Lindsay nor her sister Ali (who also has a card) were present, and refused to hand over the cake. An irate Dina summoned the cops, who sided with the clerk. Said Dina: “It just shows how we [Lohans] get treated worse than regular people.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week