ary Faulkner, the "bin Laden hunter," is back from Pakistan, and he has something to say to people "out there talking smack" about his quixotic mission. "You could say I'm a religious freak, you could say I'm a Rambo or a samurai or whatever — but you know what? I'm a person who said, 'I'm going to get off my ass and do something,'" he told CNN. Pakistani authorities sent Faulkner home after they found him in the woods of a border region where al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden may be hiding. Faulkner was carrying a pistol, a sword, and night-vision goggles, and he says he got so close to bin Laden he could have shot him, "if I had a rifle." At least Faulkner's CNN interview confirms one thing, says Joshua Holland at AlterNet. The man is a "whack job." I thought Faulkner had to be "certifiably crazy," too, when I first heard about his mission, says Glenn Church at Foolocracy. Now I suspect he's "sane," although he's one "volatile and unique character." Watch Faulkner's interview shortly after he landed in Los Angeles:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week