ary Faulkner, the "bin Laden hunter," is back from Pakistan, and he has something to say to people "out there talking smack" about his quixotic mission. "You could say I'm a religious freak, you could say I'm a Rambo or a samurai or whatever — but you know what? I'm a person who said, 'I'm going to get off my ass and do something,'" he told CNN. Pakistani authorities sent Faulkner home after they found him in the woods of a border region where al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden may be hiding. Faulkner was carrying a pistol, a sword, and night-vision goggles, and he says he got so close to bin Laden he could have shot him, "if I had a rifle." At least Faulkner's CNN interview confirms one thing, says Joshua Holland at AlterNet. The man is a "whack job." I thought Faulkner had to be "certifiably crazy," too, when I first heard about his mission, says Glenn Church at Foolocracy. Now I suspect he's "sane," although he's one "volatile and unique character." Watch Faulkner's interview shortly after he landed in Los Angeles:
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The last racial taboo
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
Subscribe to the Week