Joe Biden has used another naughty word in public. While campaigning with Sen. Russ Feingold in Glendale, Wisconsin, the vice president ordered a cone at Kopp's Frozen Custard and asked what he owed. "Lower our taxes, we'll call it even," the store manager told him. After a "colorful" exchange, the VP says, "Why don't you say something nice, instead of being a smartass all the time?" According to the manager, Biden later whispered, "I'm just kidding" — but the man also told Fox and Friends he was a bit "thrown" by Biden's word choice. Yet more evidence "the disconnect between average, everyday Americans and this administration is stark," says Shannon Bell at RightPundits. It's clear that Biden was just joking around, says Alex Pareene at Salon. Even our "shameless, Cheney-worshiping right-wing press" will find it hard to blow this up into a controversy. Watch the video here:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
Subscribe to the Week