uring Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan's rather lifeless confirmation hearings, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) felt compelled to tackle a vital issue: "I keep wanting to ask you about the famous camp of Edward vs. Jacob or the vampire vs. the werewolf," Klobuchar said Wednesday, referring to the staggeringly popular Twilight book and movie series (the latest film, Eclipse, hits theaters this week). "I wish you wouldn't," Kagan tersely replied. So the question remains — is Kagan Team Edward (vampire) or Team Jacob (werewolf)? It's a hard call, says Alexandra Petri in The Washington Post. But since Kagan "believes the constitution is a living document," and "Jacob is alive," I'm going with "Team Jacob all the way." Why are we even talking about this? asks Allahpundit in Hot Air. Oh right — because the "idiotic" questioning of this "cypher" nominee is a farce. Watch the clip:
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
Subscribe to the Week