uring Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan's rather lifeless confirmation hearings, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) felt compelled to tackle a vital issue: "I keep wanting to ask you about the famous camp of Edward vs. Jacob or the vampire vs. the werewolf," Klobuchar said Wednesday, referring to the staggeringly popular Twilight book and movie series (the latest film, Eclipse, hits theaters this week). "I wish you wouldn't," Kagan tersely replied. So the question remains — is Kagan Team Edward (vampire) or Team Jacob (werewolf)? It's a hard call, says Alexandra Petri in The Washington Post. But since Kagan "believes the constitution is a living document," and "Jacob is alive," I'm going with "Team Jacob all the way." Why are we even talking about this? asks Allahpundit in Hot Air. Oh right — because the "idiotic" questioning of this "cypher" nominee is a farce. Watch the clip:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things the greatest leaders all have in common
Subscribe to the Week