During Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan's rather lifeless confirmation hearings, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) felt compelled to tackle a vital issue: "I keep wanting to ask you about the famous camp of Edward vs. Jacob or the vampire vs. the werewolf," Klobuchar said Wednesday, referring to the staggeringly popular Twilight book and movie series (the latest film, Eclipse, hits theaters this week). "I wish you wouldn't," Kagan tersely replied. So the question remains — is Kagan Team Edward (vampire) or Team Jacob (werewolf)? It's a hard call, says Alexandra Petri in The Washington Post. But since Kagan "believes the constitution is a living document," and "Jacob is alive," I'm going with "Team Jacob all the way." Why are we even talking about this? asks Allahpundit in Hot Air. Oh right — because the "idiotic" questioning of this "cypher" nominee is a farce. Watch the clip:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
Subscribe to the Week