uring Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan's rather lifeless confirmation hearings, Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) felt compelled to tackle a vital issue: "I keep wanting to ask you about the famous camp of Edward vs. Jacob or the vampire vs. the werewolf," Klobuchar said Wednesday, referring to the staggeringly popular Twilight book and movie series (the latest film, Eclipse, hits theaters this week). "I wish you wouldn't," Kagan tersely replied. So the question remains — is Kagan Team Edward (vampire) or Team Jacob (werewolf)? It's a hard call, says Alexandra Petri in The Washington Post. But since Kagan "believes the constitution is a living document," and "Jacob is alive," I'm going with "Team Jacob all the way." Why are we even talking about this? asks Allahpundit in Hot Air. Oh right — because the "idiotic" questioning of this "cypher" nominee is a farce. Watch the clip:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week