ush Limbaugh's fans love it when he takes on Obama and the Democrats, but the outspoken conservative host may have made a mistake bringing Oprah into one of his trademark, stream-of-consciousness rants — suggesting that her wealth is somehow related to her skin color. Does Limbaugh know no limits? Of course not, says Paul Abrams at The Huffington Post, and that's exactly what this "evil" genius of provocation meant to do. When Limbaugh attacks Oprah or claims that President Obama caused the recession to pay back white people for 230 years of racism, he's just goosing the ratings. Limbaugh's not the one stirring up the outrage, says Noel Sheppard at News Busters. It's liberal clowns like MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, who shamelessly twists his adversaries' words so he can attack them no matter what they say. Olbermann "selectively edited" a Limbaugh radio transcript to make simple comments about fame appear "racist." Watch Olbermann's comments below (at 2:15):
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Why Americans care about Rob Ford's drug abuse but not Nigella Lawson's
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week