ush Limbaugh's fans love it when he takes on Obama and the Democrats, but the outspoken conservative host may have made a mistake bringing Oprah into one of his trademark, stream-of-consciousness rants — suggesting that her wealth is somehow related to her skin color. Does Limbaugh know no limits? Of course not, says Paul Abrams at The Huffington Post, and that's exactly what this "evil" genius of provocation meant to do. When Limbaugh attacks Oprah or claims that President Obama caused the recession to pay back white people for 230 years of racism, he's just goosing the ratings. Limbaugh's not the one stirring up the outrage, says Noel Sheppard at News Busters. It's liberal clowns like MSNBC's Keith Olbermann, who shamelessly twists his adversaries' words so he can attack them no matter what they say. Olbermann "selectively edited" a Limbaugh radio transcript to make simple comments about fame appear "racist." Watch Olbermann's comments below (at 2:15):
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What liberals get wrong about having kids
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week