For blacks, is the BP spill like Katrina?
NAACP President Ben Jealous hopes that both disasters will open up the world's eyes to poverty in the South
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why insects are the future of food
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 8 logo revisions that had people howling
- The super-rich are just as miserable as the rest of us
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week