Fox News contributor Sarah Palin has often bashed the left-wing "lamestream media" for their "gotcha" interview questions. But now the former Alaska governor is getting the hardball treatment from someone in her own camp — Fox News host Bill O'Reilly. During a recent appearance on The Factor, O'Reilly grilled Palin on her position on illegal immigration, and mocked her newfound "Mama Grizzlies" movement: "This is frightening me, governor," said O'Reilly. "I'm getting very, very afraid of Mama Grizzlies." Obviously, "Bill O'Reilly doesn’t seem to have much respect for [Palin's] 'insights,'" says liberal blogger Ellen in News Hounds. If O'Reilly "stopped interrupting her and allowed her to answer his question," says Sheya at Conservatives4Palin, "we would actually have heard what she had to say." This is all beside the point, says Jere Hester in NBC. Palin needs to "begin telling us, in detail, what she stands for instead of defining herself largely by what she rails against" if she wants a future in politics. Watch O'Reilly's interview with Palin below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week