ox News contributor Sarah Palin has often bashed the left-wing "lamestream media" for their "gotcha" interview questions. But now the former Alaska governor is getting the hardball treatment from someone in her own camp — Fox News host Bill O'Reilly. During a recent appearance on The Factor, O'Reilly grilled Palin on her position on illegal immigration, and mocked her newfound "Mama Grizzlies" movement: "This is frightening me, governor," said O'Reilly. "I'm getting very, very afraid of Mama Grizzlies." Obviously, "Bill O'Reilly doesn’t seem to have much respect for [Palin's] 'insights,'" says liberal blogger Ellen in News Hounds. If O'Reilly "stopped interrupting her and allowed her to answer his question," says Sheya at Conservatives4Palin, "we would actually have heard what she had to say." This is all beside the point, says Jere Hester in NBC. Palin needs to "begin telling us, in detail, what she stands for instead of defining herself largely by what she rails against" if she wants a future in politics. Watch O'Reilly's interview with Palin below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week