ox News contributor Sarah Palin has often bashed the left-wing "lamestream media" for their "gotcha" interview questions. But now the former Alaska governor is getting the hardball treatment from someone in her own camp — Fox News host Bill O'Reilly. During a recent appearance on The Factor, O'Reilly grilled Palin on her position on illegal immigration, and mocked her newfound "Mama Grizzlies" movement: "This is frightening me, governor," said O'Reilly. "I'm getting very, very afraid of Mama Grizzlies." Obviously, "Bill O'Reilly doesn’t seem to have much respect for [Palin's] 'insights,'" says liberal blogger Ellen in News Hounds. If O'Reilly "stopped interrupting her and allowed her to answer his question," says Sheya at Conservatives4Palin, "we would actually have heard what she had to say." This is all beside the point, says Jere Hester in NBC. Palin needs to "begin telling us, in detail, what she stands for instead of defining herself largely by what she rails against" if she wants a future in politics. Watch O'Reilly's interview with Palin below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week