Fox News contributor Sarah Palin has often bashed the left-wing "lamestream media" for their "gotcha" interview questions. But now the former Alaska governor is getting the hardball treatment from someone in her own camp — Fox News host Bill O'Reilly. During a recent appearance on The Factor, O'Reilly grilled Palin on her position on illegal immigration, and mocked her newfound "Mama Grizzlies" movement: "This is frightening me, governor," said O'Reilly. "I'm getting very, very afraid of Mama Grizzlies." Obviously, "Bill O'Reilly doesn’t seem to have much respect for [Palin's] 'insights,'" says liberal blogger Ellen in News Hounds. If O'Reilly "stopped interrupting her and allowed her to answer his question," says Sheya at Conservatives4Palin, "we would actually have heard what she had to say." This is all beside the point, says Jere Hester in NBC. Palin needs to "begin telling us, in detail, what she stands for instead of defining herself largely by what she rails against" if she wants a future in politics. Watch O'Reilly's interview with Palin below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Stop hating on cyclists
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week