Fox News contributor Sarah Palin has often bashed the left-wing "lamestream media" for their "gotcha" interview questions. But now the former Alaska governor is getting the hardball treatment from someone in her own camp — Fox News host Bill O'Reilly. During a recent appearance on The Factor, O'Reilly grilled Palin on her position on illegal immigration, and mocked her newfound "Mama Grizzlies" movement: "This is frightening me, governor," said O'Reilly. "I'm getting very, very afraid of Mama Grizzlies." Obviously, "Bill O'Reilly doesn’t seem to have much respect for [Palin's] 'insights,'" says liberal blogger Ellen in News Hounds. If O'Reilly "stopped interrupting her and allowed her to answer his question," says Sheya at Conservatives4Palin, "we would actually have heard what she had to say." This is all beside the point, says Jere Hester in NBC. Palin needs to "begin telling us, in detail, what she stands for instead of defining herself largely by what she rails against" if she wants a future in politics. Watch O'Reilly's interview with Palin below:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week