he Taiwanese media company that brought the world a fanciful CGI dramatizations of Tiger Woods' car crash and a fistfight between Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno have struck again. This time, Next Media Animation has taken greater-than-usual liberties in telling the tale of Apple's recent spate of PR troubles, portraying Apple CEO Steve Jobs as a Darth Vaderesque supervillain who throttles tech blogger Jason Chen and cuts off a disgruntled customer's fingers with a lightsaber. Actually, the "Star Wars metaphor" is apt, says Ron Hogan at Popfi, and NMA has created "one of the best wrap-ups" yet of Apple's many blunders in 2010. I find the treatment irritating and disorienting, says Tai-Pan at Shanzai.com. The videos include an "obvious bias," but it's not always clear what's real from what's invented. Watch the video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week