Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: Al Qaeda is launching Inspire, an online, English-language magazine meant to lure Westerners to jihad. We asked you for a catchy cover line for a future issue. You converted us with:
FIRST PRIZE: The Sexiest Mujahedin Alive
Bill Dorner, Indianapolis, IN
SECOND PLACE: Fashion Faux Pas: Outfits You Wouldn’t Want to be Caught Dead In
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, VA
THIRD PLACE: What 72 Virgins Want: How to Please Women When You Reach Paradise
Eric Hancsak, Hudson, OH
Flatten America – And Your Abs!
Matt Jenkins, Dallas
Eco-Friendly Car Bombs
Les Shipley, Green Valley, AZ
Are You Detonating More but Enjoying it Less?
Rick Soule, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Flowered Vests: An Explosion of Color for Spring
Sharon Kornreich, Boca Raton, FL
100 Fun Things to Do While Visiting The Great Satan
Dawson Mills, Norfolk, VA
Is Your Beard Humble Enough? The Answer May Surprise You!
Bill Muse, Seattle
Thinner or Fatwa? Keep Those Extra Pounds Off!
John Clements, Brooklyn
Pakistan or Afghanistan: Who Has the Nicer Caves?
Steve Kaplan, St. Louis Park, MN
Bin Laden or Pelosi: Who’d You Rather Have a Beer With? Results of our Readers Poll
Mark Uhlig, Oakland Township, MI
The Swimsuit Edition: Beach Burka Beauties
Steve Bradley, Van Nuys, CA
Burka Beachwear: SPF 100!
Richard Christensen, Coldwater, MI
European Debt Crisis Solved! Stop Wasting Money Educating Women
Paul L. Walker, Athens, GA
Exclusive: Israeli BP Workers Responsible!
Jules Chabot, Frederick, MD
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Girls on Film: Why audiences are responsible for the future of cinema
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
Subscribe to the Week