Welcome to The Week's "What Next?" contest, an invitation to test your powers of imagination with challenges inspired by current events.
Results: Al Qaeda is launching Inspire, an online, English-language magazine meant to lure Westerners to jihad. We asked you for a catchy cover line for a future issue. You converted us with:
FIRST PRIZE: The Sexiest Mujahedin Alive
Bill Dorner, Indianapolis, IN
SECOND PLACE: Fashion Faux Pas: Outfits You Wouldn’t Want to be Caught Dead In
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, VA
THIRD PLACE: What 72 Virgins Want: How to Please Women When You Reach Paradise
Eric Hancsak, Hudson, OH
Flatten America – And Your Abs!
Matt Jenkins, Dallas
Eco-Friendly Car Bombs
Les Shipley, Green Valley, AZ
Are You Detonating More but Enjoying it Less?
Rick Soule, South Lake Tahoe, CA
Flowered Vests: An Explosion of Color for Spring
Sharon Kornreich, Boca Raton, FL
100 Fun Things to Do While Visiting The Great Satan
Dawson Mills, Norfolk, VA
Is Your Beard Humble Enough? The Answer May Surprise You!
Bill Muse, Seattle
Thinner or Fatwa? Keep Those Extra Pounds Off!
John Clements, Brooklyn
Pakistan or Afghanistan: Who Has the Nicer Caves?
Steve Kaplan, St. Louis Park, MN
Bin Laden or Pelosi: Who’d You Rather Have a Beer With? Results of our Readers Poll
Mark Uhlig, Oakland Township, MI
The Swimsuit Edition: Beach Burka Beauties
Steve Bradley, Van Nuys, CA
Burka Beachwear: SPF 100!
Richard Christensen, Coldwater, MI
European Debt Crisis Solved! Stop Wasting Money Educating Women
Paul L. Walker, Athens, GA
Exclusive: Israeli BP Workers Responsible!
Jules Chabot, Frederick, MD
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week